As a first step, please make sure you really need to apply for a Student Visa prior to your arrival to Argentina.
If your passport is from one of the following countries mentioned below, it will not be necessary to apply for a visa in order to enter Argentina. You will enter as a tourist and receive an automatic 90 day tourist visa. If your academic program in Argentina is more than 90 days long, you are required to obtain a student visa or an extension, but will do so on site in Buenos Aires with the help of the Mente Argentina Student Reception Office:
- Andorra, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Chile, Cyprus, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong (*), Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic Of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, Norway, Netherlands, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Kitts And Nevis, San Marino, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Republic, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad And Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Estate Of The Vatican City, Venezuela
OK, now that you have double checked, if you still need to apply for a Student Visa before your arrival to Argentina, please find below detailed information about the process:
- We would need to define your desired start date, program duration, chosen type of accommodation. You can complete these details on your application here.
- We need to receive your Complete Application Materials.
- Once you have received your formal acceptance letter to the program, you will need to complete a 50% of the total Program Payment + USD 300 Student Visa Processing Fee.
- We’ll be starting your Student Visa Process here in Buenos Aires, and once we get the approval from the University of Buenos Aires, you would need to get in contact with your nearest Argentine Embassy to complete the process.
As a general timeline, it usually takes between 3/6 Weeks to get the approval from the University of Buenos Aires, and another 1/2 weeks to get the approval from your nearest Argentine Embassy.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding the process, please make sure to contact us here.